The Moore for Kids Family Resource Center at Oishei Children's Hospital is a location for families of patients to access health education, hospital and community resources and other helpful information.
The Center is located on the fifth floor. It is open to all patients and their families Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
This multi-purpose Center offers comfortable space for families that includes the following:
- Information on community resources, agencies, and services accessible via websites and hard copies
- Approved information, books and websites specific to condition and diagnosis
- Recreational books and videos, in a lending library setting, for patients and families
- Computers for family use (to check email, research, pay bills, etc.)
- Space for support groups to meet
Overall, the Moore for Kids Family Resource Center is a place for family members of patients to get away for a little while to research, re-charge and relax throughout your child’s hospital stay.
This center has been implemented largely due to the generous support from the Family Advisory Council, a group of families collaborating with hospital staff and participating as partners of Oishei Children's Hospital. The main principals of this council are to help families and to promote Patient and Family Centered Care as an approach to health care that recognizes that the family is the center of the patient’s lives both in and out of the hospital setting.
For more information, please contact McKenzie Mattison at (716) 323-2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.