Oishei Children's Hospital's spiritual care staff is here to care for the spiritual and faith-based needs of families and patients, as well as employees and volunteers, while they cope with the emotional and spiritual impact of illness, injury or crises.
- Someone from the department is available 24/7 for emergent needs.
- Someone from the department is in the hospital Monday through Friday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Services are available to all people regardless of faith/culture/age.
- Chaplains may notify patients' faith community, if this is requested.
- The department provides on-going and supportive visits.
- Holy Communion is available on Sundays, Holy Days, and upon request.
- Grief and Bereavement services are available.
- Chaplains are available for ethics consults/end of life discussions, etc.
- DNR support/Health Care Proxy information is also available.