You can turn to the VNA for the special care and needs of children of all ages, as well as services for maternal and OB/GYN clients. We offer a wide range of skilled nursing, rehabilitation, and infusion services for pediatric and maternal care.
Our specialty services are rooted in the outstanding inpatient and ambulatory care given by the professionals at Oishei Children's Hospital. Any health care provider or facility in the Western New York region can make referrals for these services.
Specialized care for children
- The VNA has the largest team of pediatric nurses and pediatric infusion nurses in the region
- VNA Specialty Nurses are trained in the special care and needs of children of all ages
- Highly specialized VNA caregivers include nurses, rehab therapists, and pharmacists
- These caregivers are established as an autonomous team within the larger VNA agency.
- Support for breastfeeding mothers and their babies.
- Assessment, instruction and guidance individualized to meet specific needs
- For the mother who is breastfeeding for the first time or who has had previous experience but needs support
- The lactation consultant can be provided as an additional assessment for our maternal clients and their baby to support individual needs
Pediatric/Maternal Infant Services
- We offer additional prenatal and post-partum home care programs
- For at risk/high risk patients (gestational diabetes, toxemia, preterm labor, first-term mother, and SGA babies)
- Assessments, patient/family teaching, high-tech therapies, and C-section incisional care by specialty-trained nurses
- Full service pediatric home care including newborn assessments
- Synagis injections for prevention of RSV
- Infusion therapies, wound care, and enteral and parenteral nutrition
Get the VNA Advantage
- We emphasize communication with family and pediatrician at every step of care
- Backed by the resources and support of the area's largest home care agency
- An extension of the experience of Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo