The day you deliver your baby is a day you'll never forget. Oishei Children's Hospital specializes in making childbirth a special experience for all women. That's why it's important for both the mother and child to be followed closely throughout the pregnancy, during the delivery and after the birth. Our caring team of healthcare providers combines a state-of-the-art facility with family-centered care to help welcome your baby.
Preadmit to the hospital
Make your maternity experience as easy as possible–complete the pre-admission registration form at the mid-point of your pregnancy (about 20 weeks).
- Labor & Delivery: Father of the baby/significant other plus two (2) support people are welcome to accompany mom. Support people must be 14 years of age or older. Additional family members may wait in the waiting
room outside the unit. No child visitation.
- Antepartum Mothers: Long term mothers may have their children of any age visit for a short time on labor & delivery or the mother-baby unit during the hours of 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. The children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Mother-Baby Unit: Well siblings, family and friends are encouraged to visit between the hours of 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Visitors must be 14 years of age or older (unless the sibling).
- Identification: For all patients’ safety, families, visitors and outpatients are required to stop at the Information or Security desk on the first floor to obtain an Identification sticker. Each family member/visitor is asked to provide photo ID. If photo ID is not available, a photo of the visitor will be taken. An identification sticker is then created for the family member/visitor to wear during their visit to the hospital.
- Patient Rights: Each patient/parent has the right to determine who may and may not visit. Kaleida Health will not restrict,
limit or deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnic origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, socioeconomic status or physical appearance.
Show your love and appreciation for the wife, daughter, sister or friend in your life with the purchase of a special gift package! Aimed at optimizing her comfort and enhancing her experience throughout the hospital stay, each package is crafted with care.