The Maternal Fetal Medicine Center (formerly known as the Perinatal Center) is a comprehensive maternal and newborn service line, assessing high-risk patients and/or those women who may be bearing high-risk fetus, which will require a high level of specialized care, some of which are not available anywhere else in Western New York.
High Risk Care & Consultations
The Maternal Fetal Medicine Center at Oishei Children's Hospital is a center for obstetrical services, with equipment, and medical specialists in a renovated facility for women expecting high-risk concerns associated with pregnancy. High-risk patients are cared for by maternal-fetal specialists, women's health nurse practitioners, obstetrical nurse clinician, certified diabetic nutritionists, OB social worker and registration staff. This team is responsible for the overall quality care during a patient's pregnancy.
- Education and training to all hospitals within the region which provide maternity and newborn services.
- Review the care provided to all maternal and newborn patients transferred to the RPC.
- Provide consultative services regarding care of the high risk mother and newborn.
- Provide follow up communication to the referring physician and hospital staff.
- AHA/AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Original Provider Course and renewal programs are offered throughout the year.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Program (pre-transport stabilization of the newborn).
- Fetal monitoring classes provided on an as needed basis to regional affiliates and within the RPC.
- Continuing education and preceptorship offered to affiliate hospitals to update and enhance staff knowledge.
- Clinical workshops, didactic programs and clinical case reviews may be arranged on a per case basis.