Why We Fundraise
Oishei Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Council is a group of dedicated parents(whose children have had much experience here) and hospital staff, who work together as equal partners to improve the hospital experience for patients and families. Partnership is the foundation of Patient and Family Centered Care. We work on projects together to acknowledge and support the patient and family point of view.
Among other projects, we collaborate on:
- Providing staff orientations and workshops
- Established a Family Resource Center for patients and families
- Sponsor a Comfort bag program for all new inpatients to the hospital.
We fundraise to provide:
- Books and extra developmental toys for our NICU babies
- Celebrations for NICU graduates
- Resource materials and books for children through the Family Resource Center on the 5th floor
- Supplies for Comfort Bags like socks, hairbrushes, hand lotion, activity books, teen items, and other small gifts.
- Assistance through gift cards with parking, gas, and meals for families who have been at the hospital for an extended stay.
We greatly appreciate any help you can provide to fund our programs for families. If you would like your gift to go to a specific program, or for a specific need, we are happy to facilitate that.
The Family Advisory Council is gathering new items for our comfort bags for our patients at the hospital, to provide some measures of care and comfort while they are away from home. We would greatly appreciate any donations to help us with this project!
- Small boxes of crayons
- Coloring books/activity books(non-seasonal)
- Sudoku/crossword books
- Colored pencils/markers
- Small stuffed animals
- Toddler board books
- Small craft kits
- Small Lego kits/toys/hand held games
- Rattles/small crib toys
- Baby bibs/small baby items
- Baby blankets (no fleece please)
- Travel size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, toothpaste, tooth brushes
- Bath scrubs/sponges
- Travel size packages of tissues
- Lip balm
- Small stress balls
- Adolescent/teen items (cosmetics, decks of cards, I-Tunes cards, small hand held games, Uno games etc.)
- Brushes, combs, hair items
- Fuzzy or regular socks/slipper socks for all ages
- Small bottles of water
- Tim Hortons/Joe's Deli/gas cards
If you are interested in making a donation, please reach out to McKenzie Mattison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for your support!