Injury Prevention Info - Fireworks

Sparklers can cause third degree burns.

Sparklers can ignite children’s clothing.

Sparklers can burn children’s feet and hands. 

Even after they have extinguished the temperature remains hot enough to cause 2nd and 3rd degree burns if touched or stepped on.

Here are Ways You Can Keep Your Children Safe and Enjoy Fireworks

  • DO NOT LET CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS HANDLE SPARKLERS!  --because they are excited and curious and lack physical coordination to handle sparklers safely, they are prone to injuries.
  • CLOSELY SUPERVISE OLDER CHILDREN USING SPARKLERS
  • KEEP A BUCKET OF WATER NEAR BY- SPARKLERS CAN IGNITE CLOTHING
  • HAVE CHILDREN WEAR SHOES AT ALL TIMES

CHILDREN AND FAMILIES SHOULD ATTEND PUBLIC FIREWORK DISPLAYS RATHER THAN PURCHASE FIREWORKS FOR USE AT HOME. Enjoy and be safe!

Service Parent