Due to COVID-19, entertainment and donation visits are not currently permitted. For more information, please contact Sue Mirabella at (716) 323-1541.
Thank you for your interest in donating to Oishei Children’s Hospital. Donations help Child Life provide opportunities that can enhance the hospital experience for children and families. Your donation is greatly appreciated by our patients, families, and staff.
Sue Mirabella at (716) 323-1541
Feel free to use it as a guide when purchasing toys for our patients.
- Musical Toys (Fisher Price)
- $10 gift cards to Walmart, Target, Tim Hortons, Joe's Deli, Amazon
- Superhero Action Figures
- Crayola Color Wash Markers
- Sport Shirts (teen/adult sized) and Hats
- Bath and BodyWorks Lotions
- Small Lego sets (for girls and boys)
- Elmer’s Glitter Glue or Slime Kits
- Barbie Dolls and LOL Surprise Items
- Fisher Price Princess and Superhero Little People
- All items must be new and in original packaging.
- Please keep safety and quality in mind when selecting items. No toys with removable/detachable parts such as eyes, no protruding parts or sharp edges, no toys with marbles or magnets.
- Fire regulations forbid electrical, spark-producing, or friction producing toys.
- We cannot accept stuffed animals (unless newly purchased) or knit/crocheted items.
- Read the toy or craft item label to be sure all materials are non-toxic and latex free (balloons, band aids).
- No religious toys or toys that depict violence such as guns or knives.
The holidays are one of the busiest times in the hospital, and also the most popular time for making a donation. Please note that we appreciate receiving donations throughout the year. If you’d like to make a donation during the 2020 holiday season, we have set up the following donation drop off days:
Tuesday, December 1 from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 8 from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Thursday, December 10 from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Monday, December 14 from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Wednesday, December 16 from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Friday, December 18 from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Please contact Sue Mirabella at email@example.com to coordinate a drop off date and time.
All special guest visits or performances must be arranged ahead of time. Entertainment visits are scheduled Monday through Friday, during the day. For more information, please contact Sue Mirabella (716) 323-1541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect the privacy, confidentiality, and health or our patients, we must limit the number of community groups that distribute gifts and/or visit patients, especially during the busy holiday season. Group visits are limited to a maximum of 6 people (2-4 people preferred), who are at least 15 years of age, and in good health. Groups that visit between the months of October and May, must have a flu shot. Community group visits are scheduled Monday through Friday, during the day.
All toy drives/fundraising must be approved by the Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation before organizations, groups or individuals announce, publicize, or stage these activities. Please contact Sue Mirabella email@example.com for an event form. Once you complete this form, you will be contacted when the event is approved.