Welcome to the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Oishei Children's Hospital. We are a part of UBMD Pediatrics and affiliated with the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo. We support families of patients with cardiac conditions and provide compassionate care for the individual patients suffering from congenital heart disease, starting in utero, infancy, childhood, and through adulthood.
We aim to help patients with acquired heart disease and strive to prevent future heart disease by helping to identify and control risk factors in children.
The services provided include the evaluation and medical management of:
- congenital and structural heart disease
- cardiomyopathies, or disease of the heart muscle, both familial and acquired
- acquired heart diseases
- rhythm disorders
- chest pain
- syncope (fainting)
- heart disease in athletes
- heart failure
- preventive cardiology including obesity, hypertension, and high cholesterol
- fetus with known or suspected cardiac conditions
- common cardiac conditions, such as heart murmurs
Clinical evaluation by experienced specialists performing diagnostic testing, as needed, includes:
- performance and interpretation of pediatric transthoracic echocardiogram
- performance and interpretation of fetal echocardiogram
- performance and interpretation of electrocardiogram
- performance and interpretation of transesophageal echocardiogram
- placement and interpretation of 24-hour Holter
- event monitor interpretation
- electrophysiology studies and interventions
- exercise stress testing and stress echocardiograms
As we expand in the future, we aim to provide comprehensive cardiovascular services including diagnostic cardiac catheterization, catheter-based interventions and surgical interventions through Oishei Children's Hospital to patients who are seeking local care. At this time, we will refer such patients’ needed services that are not currently available at our institution to URMC – Strong Memorial. We will clinically support sick patients and facilitate their transport. We will otherwise coordinate the transfer of care for the more stable patients for the duration of the interventions or treatments.
For more information, please visit us at pedcardwny.com.
Pediatric Cardiology Associates of Western New York, LLC
936 Delaware Avenue, Suite 100
Buffalo, NY 14209
T: (716) 885-5437
F: (716) 258-3330