Coming for surgery can be a stressful time for any patient or family, but the Tops Friendly Markets Ambulatory Surgical Center at Oishei Children's Hospital is committed to making this difficult situation easier for you. By following these admission guidelines, your experience will go as smooth as possible.
Please take a minute to complete the Pre-Admission Questionnaire in your surgeon's office at the time you schedule your surgery. Completion of the questionnaire will make your admission process much easier. It is important to fill in all information. If you have not completed the questionnaire in your surgeon's office, please print it here and contact our Call Center at (716) 859-1234 to pre-admit by phone. You will receive a phone call from the pre-admission office confirming your health insurance and your demographics prior to the day of your procedure.
Please bring the following items with you on the day of your procedure
- Parent/patient proof of identification, such as photo ID, driver's license, social security card and/or passport.
- Your child's birth certificate.
- Insurance card for the patient.
- Insurance referral, if required.
- Co-payment, if required, must be paid on the day of the procedure.
Legal documentation will be required for the following circumstances:
- Patients who have been adopted within less than six months.
- Patients under the age of 18, not residing with their biological parent(s).
- Patients in foster care.
- Patients with custody arrangements.
- Patients 18 years and older who lack capacity to give their own consent.
Please note: All legal documentation must be submitted to your surgeon's office at least seven days prior to the day of your procedure for review by the Kaleida Health Corporate Risk Management Department. This review will determine who is the legal consenter.
If you have any financial concerns regarding your child’s hospitalization, our Patient Financial Services department will be happy to assist you. Call (716) 859-7200 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We look forward to serving you on the day of your procedure.