The Division of Allergy/Immunology & Rheumatology is part of UBMD Pediatrics and affiliated with the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo. We provide services for the clinical evaluation and management of pediatric and adolescent patients with asthma and allergic disease, as well as patients with a history of recurrent infections and inherited immune deficiency disorders.
We care for patients with:
- allergic conjunctivitis
- allergic rhinitis
- atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- chronic urticaria
- difficult-to-control asthma
- drug and/or vaccine allergies
- food allergies (including food-protein induced enterocolitis and eosinophilic esophagitis)
- hereditary angioedema
- latex allergy
- primary immune deficiencies
We are a New York State regional referral center for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) newborn screening.
Additionally, we provide the following services and procedures:
- Allergy immunotherapy (allergy shots)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Environmental/food allergen skin testing
- Penicillin skin testing
- Oral challenges for food allergies
- Inpatient drug desensitization
- Replacement therapy with intravenous immune serum globulin (IVIG)
Note to Parents
If your child is being seen for asthma or allergies, please bring all prescription medications and have child avoid antihistamines for seven days prior to new patient appointments.