- Located on the 1st floor
- Open 24 hours daily with a variety of menu items, including sandwiches, baked goods, hot and cold beverages and, of course, coffee
- Located on the 2nd floor of OCH, down the hall from the family/visitor waiting area
- 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., 365 days
- An outdoor dining patio will be available with seating
Cafeteria at Buffalo General Medical Center
- Located on the first floor of Buffalo General (accessible via covered connector)
- Open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Café at Oishei Children’s Outpatient Center
- Located in the lobby of the Conventus Building
- Open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
At Your Request Room Service
About At Your Request Room Service
At Your Request Room Service allows patients to call in meal orders anytime between 6:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. from pre-set menu in the privacy of their own room. Menus, which are located in every room, are extensive and fully customizable so they can be adapted to meet the individual dietary needs of patients. At Your Request Room Service operators also have access to patient’s dietary charts and can assist in suggesting healthy, nutritious foods that is within the patient’s dietary restrictions.
How to Order Food
The goal of At Your Request Room Service is to ensure a more positive nutrition experience for the patient and an overall increase in patient satisfaction.
- Select an item from the menu (or customize your own).
- Call 1122 from your hospital phone and place your order.
- Allow 45 minutes for food to be delivered.
- Guest Trays are also available for patients and families to dine together and can be purchased from our a la carte menu by major credit card.
At Your Request Room Service also offers these services:
- Guest Meal Tray Special so visitors and family members can dine together
- Adult and pediatric menus are both available
- Allows meal orders to be place by family members at home by calling (716) 859-5400
- The ability to order meals in advance by letting the AYR service operators know what time you want the meal to be delivered
Restaurants in the Neighborhood
In addition to options available within our facilities, the surrounding neighborhood has several popular alternatives, including:
1047 Main Street (corner of Main Street and E. North Street)
Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
173 High Street
Eat In - Take Out - Delivery
Monday – Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Friday: 10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Roly Poly Sandwiches
846 Main Street
Eat In - Take Out - Delivery
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Delivery: Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Chris’ NY Sandwich Co.
395 Delaware Avenue
Eat In - Take Out - Delivery
Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
La Nova Pizzeria
371 West Ferry Street
Take Out - Delivery
Sunday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Friday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
(716) 881- 2454
35 North Street
Pick-Up - Delivery
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Coco Bar & Bistro
888 Main Street
Eat in - Take out
Sunday: 4:30-9:00 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
Saturday: 5-11 p.m.
The cashier’s office is located in the lobby and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
New Era Cap Pavilion will be our new location for performances for the entertainment of our patients and families. Patient televisions have a variety of free on-demand movies and educational health videos. In addition, Zoo TV, a collaboration between our hospital and The Buffalo Zoo, will be available on all patient televisions with a livestream featuring animals from The Buffalo Zoo.
Oishei Children’s Hospital has been designed with children, moms and their families in mind. Spaces for families at the hospital include:
- Waiting areas on individual floors
- Family Resource Center
- Stone’s Buddies
- Child Life
- Spiritual Care
- Winter garden
- Outdoor space
- Solarium (for NICU families)
- Family lounge
- Lactation rooms
Located on the 5th floor, the chapel is open to visitors for prayer or as a place for peace and quiet. Open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, Libby’s Chapel is a quiet place for prayer and mediation.
Family Lounge Sponsored by Ronald McDonald House Charities of WNY
Located on the 5th floor, the Family Lounge sponsored by Ronald McDonald House Charities of WNY keeps families close within the walls of Oishei Children's Hospital. It provides an area of peaceful respite where families and caregivers can spend quiet time, engage in conversation, enjoy complimentary beverages and snacks, and use laundry facilities.
Children’s Home Care Pharmacy
Located on the 2nd floor of the Oishei Children’s Outpatient Center at Conventus, the pharmacy is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
For your convenience, a mailbox is located outside of the hospital's main entrance.
For your convenience, an M&T Bank ATM machine is located on the hospital's 2nd floor by Joe's Deli.
Newspapers are available in the main lobby.
Location: Across from the welcome desk in the main lobby
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
We also accept phone orders for floral arrangements! Call (716) 323-1530, weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All profits are donated to the hospital.
The gift shop offers a variety of items for purchase. Cash and Visa/Master Card are accepted. No checks please. Gift shop items include balloons, books, candy, cards, flowers, gift items, magazines, newborn and preemie clothes, personal care items, snacks, stuffed animals, stamps and toys.
Phones & Charging Stations
For your convenience, cell phone charging stations are located in the family areas of each floor. A telephone is also located in the lobby and can be used for in-hospital phone calls.
Security and Safety
Corporate Security is a full-service, 24-hour public safety department. Our Public Safety Officers provide motorist assistance and promote patient, visitor and staff safety through a variety of services and programs, including:
- Security escorts
- Patrols of all Kaleida Health buildings and surrounding areas
- Access control
- Fire systems monitoring
- Security systems monitoring
- Response to calls of potential violence
- Between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. daily, the main hospital entrance, Goodrich entrance and ramp connector are closed and entrance is only permitted through the Emergency Department.
For any urgent security needs or concerns within the hospital, dial: 7911
KaleidaWiFi is available throughout the hospital. Your device will detect available networks. Select KaleidaWiFi. Open a browser window and agree to the terms that are presented in the window.
For technical assistance please call our help desk at (716) 859-7777.